

As many of you know, Kate fell the beginning of February and chipped her front tooth. Over the past few months the tooth began to turn gray and eventually developed a small sore on her gum above the tooth. We took her to the dentist to learn that her tooth had become somewhat abscessed and was dying. As a result, the dentist recommended pulling the tooth.
So, Kate and I went to the dentist on Monday and returned home with her first tooth for the Tooth Fairy. She was a very brave little girl and returned back to her normal, active, happy self once the Novocaine wore off. I had shown her a picture of myself missing four teeth that morning, which made her feel much better. In fact, she now likes to show anyone who walks in our house that photo. She also commented the other morning that "she was very proud of me for having four teeth out at the same time and that I did a very good job." I'm hoping she doesn't think that all of her teeth come out that way!
We placed her tooth under her pillow in hopes that the Tooth Fairy would make an appearance. Before going to sleep she said she didn't want the Tooth Fairy to take her tooth. So, I told her I would ask her to leave it on her table. Half way through the night, Kate awoke and told me she didn't want the Tooth Fairy to come, could I please call "Tinkerbell" to let her know. When she awoke the next morning the Tooth Fairy did make an appearance and left a princess watch under Kate's pillow in place of the tooth. Kate insisted that the watch wasn't for her and again requested that we get her tooth back. Kids can be funny! (Just to let you know, she still won't wear the watch..."she's too little.")
Needless-to-say, she's as cute as ever, front tooth or no front tooth!
1 comment:
That's really quite funny! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment