Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Happy 3rd Birthday KATE!





It's hard to believe that Kate actually turned 3 this past Friday. It seems like yesterday that she was learning to crawl and walk. How quickly time flies!

Kate had a wonderful birthday! We celebrated Friday night by going out for gelato with Aunt Maureen, Uncle Patrick, and Grampy and Grammy. She selected "Bacio" which is basically chocolate with hazelnut. In her mind, it's simply "chocolate."

On Saturday, we had a party with family and friends. My daughter posed a challenge for me this year in the cake department. For weeks, she requested a "Snow White" cake, and then one week prior to her big day, she announced that she wanted a "Tinkerbell" cake...I'm not sure which is worse! So, having tackled Blues Clues last year, I was up for the challenge. With the help of Grammy (Carol) Friday night, we managed to create "Tinkerbell" by 1 am. Kate was thrilled with the final product and the party was a lot of fun!

As for Lauren's birthday, I am thankful that she can't yet talk...in other words, I'll be determining her cake this year. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karin, will you please, oh please make my next birthday cake ... please ... i am surprised that there were no G&T's involved in the making of this cake. Carol said she had a blast making it with you. Congrats to Kate!!

Anonymous said...

p.s. that last posting was from Auntie Dena.

Kristen said...

I'd like to request now for my December birthday a Shrek cake. Thank you.